Tuesday 6 May 2014

Met ball 2014

Hosted by the Met museum in New York, the annual Met ball was honouring 50s designer Charles James this year, by setting the theme 'White Tie & Decoration' to tie in with the exhibition. From this you would expect an array of different pastel shades and big skirts all cinched in at the waist, however there weren't nearly enough of the big ball gowns as expected. 

So after watching the live stream of the red carpet and seeing so many amazing outfits, I thought I'd share with you 5 of the best dressed from the night!

1.) One of the traditional gowns that caught my eye was the Oscar de la Renta dress worn by the fabulous Sarah Jessica Parker! I especially loved the monochrome grid pattern at the back of the dress, it added a nice twist to a classic gown.
                                                  Met Gala fashion 2014: Best and worst dressed


2.) Rachel McAdams went for a simple approach in Ralph Lauren and didn't follow the dress code, however I do love the simplicity and elegance of the shape! The blush/pink colour also brings me to like this dress a lot more, has I'm really loving this seasons pastel washed out colours. 
  
                                   

3.) Blake Lively stunned in Gucci, the nude/pink embellished dress styled with a glamorous 40s hair do matched perfectly and was definitely my favourite from the night! 

                      

4.) Cara Delevingne rocked in monochrome from designer Stella McCartney, I really love the white chino's matched up with the strappy black cut-out crop top. It was an unexpected arrangement for such a prestigious event and I am in love with her alternative!

       Cara Delevingne

5.) The ultimate British power couple 'Posh and Becks' didn't disappoint in coordinated outfits, both channelling cream. They looked simple and crisp in their tailored garments, with Victoria supporting her own brand 'Victoria Beckham' in a simple and elegant column dress that clung to the hip then hung loose.

           

What did you think of the looks from the Met ball gala? Do you agree with me or is there anyone I missed out? let me know in the comments!

-SJA xo



No comments:

Post a Comment