Tuesday 11 March 2014

My Gossip Girl Addiction

Over Christmas and New Year I spent all my time watching the full 6 seasons of Gossip Girl, back to back! I seriously couldn't get enough of the 'upper east side socialites' and their elaborate lifestyle, watching each episode was like I was immersing myself into their world.


Apart from limousine rides and designer clothes, the setting of the show being filmed in New York made it all that more desirable to be living in a roof top apartment in the city with neighbours such as the Waldorf family. I have a new found love for the city of New York after watching Gossip Girl, even to the extent of organising a trip next year to go on the Gossip Girl tour and visit all the locations featured in the show.

*Spoiler alert!!*

The on/off relationship between Blair and Chuck was annoying in some parts, however the 'will they? won't they?' questioning whether they would end up a couple was something that drove me to watch the show. In some ways getting to the end of the final season to find out if Blair and Chuck would end up together, was more important to me than finding out who Gossip Girl was!! Their rushed wedding that took place in Central Park was one of my favourite scenes from the show. 




The Elle Saab dress Blair wore is one of my favourite dress' from Gossip Girl, I think it depicts Blair perfectly for this occasion. She had the big white Vera Wang dress for her previous wedding to Louis, so it made sense for her to wear something less conventional. I also love love love the pastel powder blue colour which is on trend this Spring/Summer!

The fashion throughout the show is a main aspect, with regular fashion shows and designer name dropping from the characters. Each character has their own style which reflects on their personalities, Serena has a boohoo chic style with shows she is carefree. Blair is known for ruling the met steps, and her headbands could be interpreted as a 'crown', these match perfectly with her 'preppy' and uniform style. 


 I could go on and on about the fashion in Gossip Girl - but I'll save that for another post!

The worst storyline/couple to come out of Gossip Girl was the whole 'Dan/Blair' fiasco! They were such an odd couple to me, and watching the episodes where they were together just made me cringe. Georgina, in my opinion was such an under rated character, I loved her no nonsense attitude and her meddling into everyone's business. Without her character I feel some story lines would have gone on for too long, for example, when she told Rufus and Lily that Scott was in fact there long lost son. This information would have dragged on for too long if it wasn't for Georgina outing him.

I have fallen in love with Chuck Bass, naming his dog 'monkey' is hilarious to me, with chuck being a serious character taking on a stray dog it shows he is not all that bad as a character than some people think. I love his one liners and the way he scams to literally get what he wants. He is by far my favourite character from any TV show I've seen! Below are some scenes including the notorious Chuck Bass:















After completing the Gossip Girl box set in January and finding out who was behind the spreading of the scandals, I have started to re watch from the beginning to see if I can find any clues and catch Gossip  Girl out! I think I'm totally addicted to the characters and the lifestyles they lead, although the last episode ended in 2012 I'm still hoping for a new season or even a Movie to show how the characters have progressed! *crossing fingers

If you haven't seen Gossip Girl, then what are you waiting for! Its currently on Netflix and you get your first month free so there's no excuse not to watch it!! BEWARE its very addictive and you might feel the need to re watch it like I have, just to see if there's any give a ways on who Gossip Girl is from the beginning and seeing if it all adds up.

I'll leave you with a photo of Chuck.. just because..


 -SJA
XOXO 
(whispers) GOSSIP GIRL


No comments:

Post a Comment