Wednesday 28 May 2014

May Favourites!



Hi guys! This is my first ever favourites post, and I'm really excited to tell you everything I've been loving this month.



White Sole Cleated Boots - New Look
I saw these boots a couple of months ago and instantly fell in love, however has they were a hefty £30 I was initially put off buying them straight away. I regretted not getting them so much. I couldn't stop thinking about them (yes, my love for them was that bad!). Since discovering them in New Look the first time I never saw them again in any of the stores near me or online! Till one day when I was rummaging through the shoes on the sale racks, I found them!! To add to my delight they were a mere £12 - BARGAIN. I love these boots, they are sooo comfy and definitely on trend. The weather isn't fully ready for everyone to embrace the Spring/Summer sandal yet so they are just perfect for keeping feet warm and dry. 
If there was a negative to these, its the little scuffs that appear on the white  heels, if anyone can recommend how I can keep them looking new and in good condition let me know in the comments please!!



Mini Messenger Bag - TK Maxx (DNUK)
Most bags I have are medium to large in size, I needed a smaller one I could use to nip out of the house with when I didn't need a lot of things to carry around with me. Instead of trying all the usual high street stores that I would normally head to in search of a bag, I tried TK Maxx. I found this satchel/messenger style bag which is DNUK brand, it was £17.99 which was half the RRP price! I use this bag a lot since I haven't been at uni has I haven't needed to carry a lot around with me when going places, I've even used it for going out on a night out with the girls! I think it's the perfect size and the pockets really help to organise all my bits and bobs.


Lipcote
This is a genius product why haven't I used it before?! I love wearing lipstick, but something that prevents me from wearing them all the time is the pressure of reapplying throughout the day and being on permanent alert of any smudging that may occur when eating and drinking. These problems all disappear when wearing 'Lipcote', you simply apply a coat on top of your lipstick and it keeps it in place all day! I can't stress enough how much I love this!! Everyone who enjoys a dark or bright lipstick colour should definitely invest. Well I say invest, but it was only £3 - in my eyes a clear bargain! I bought mine from Primark but it's available in pretty much any store that sells make up such as Superdrug and Boots.



VO5 - Tousled Style Spray
I use this pretty much all the time! I like how it can add texture to my otherwise flat frizzy hair. This spray is also really good as a replacement for hairspray, I spray it on my curls and scrunch with my hand to create a 'messy' tousled effect and it will keep the curls in the same as hairspray would. Its a great product to take away on holiday or when you're in a rush to just spray - scrunch - and go. I bought mine from Boots as part of the '2 for £5' offer on VO5 products. It will be a staple hair product that I'll use continuously throughout Spring and Summer for sure!


Schwarzkopf GLISS Liquid Silk Conditioner 
I religiously use Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioners, but felt like a change this month and tried GLISS Liquid Silk Conditioner. I can honestly say I have noticed a difference in the 'shininess' of my hair! Because my hair is now purple/lilac it can often look 'dull' with no shine to it, but since using this conditioner I feel it has a new lease of life! I highly recommend you change up your shampoos and conditioners, we can often become complacent and buy the same products again and again but its worth having a change now and again to experiment with how your reacts to new products. 



Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Body Lotion - Gradual Tanning Moisterizer
I am so so so happy that I've finally found a cheaper gradual tanning alternative to the more expensive St Tropez lotions! The cocoa butter gives a nice even gradual tan and you can see a subtle difference after just one application, I could go on and on with how much I love it! Although, with any fake tan product,  I would recommend you ex foliate before hand and make sure you really rub and blend the moiserizer in to prevent 'streakyness'. The cocoa butter has a smell of chocolate I find which I love, however if you prefer a non smelling tan this isn't for you. I got my 250ml bottle from  Feel Unique for £5.49, they give you 10% off your first order as well as free delivery!



VAMPIRE DIARIES
Ahhhhhhhh I love this sooooo much! Probably a bit too much tbh. I have spent the most of April and all of May TOTALLY obsessing over this programme! I thought at the beggining it was going to be like Twilight, which initially put me off watching it - but its not! I highly recommend people watch this, its so so so so good. Big shout out to Netflix for making it possible for me to connect to my inner vampire hahaha!

And that's it for my May Favorites! Have you tried any of the products I have mentioned? What do you think of them? Let me know in the comments.


Thanks for reading!
- SJA xo


No comments:

Post a Comment