Wednesday 21 May 2014

Holiday Wishlist!

Hey guys!

 The lovely weather we have been having in the UK this week has gotten me extremely excited about my holiday in July with my friends *squeals*. Ahhh I can almost smell the beach and taste the cheap 2 for 1 cocktails!

Having bought a load of summer clothes last year that I didn't wear, I already have the majority of daytime wear ready to be packed up for Tenerife. However. I am a fashion student. Or just a girl (stereotype overload)  so I have had my feelers out there constantly looking at the new summer clothing on-line and in the shops! There is so many items I just have to have for my holiday, here's a few that I may have to purchase. *Convinces self the already half full suitcase will magically grow*

1.) Kimono - I already have a kimono, but I'm telling myself that one isn't enough. When there are so many on the market (long, short, printed, plain, tasselled) why opt for one I say? I currently have a plain black kimono so I would like either a printed or tasselled one, just so it looks a bit more interesting. I think a kimono is so versatile and is definitely the perfect item of clothing to take on holiday. It can be styled casually over a bikini during the day and then worn with a crop top and high waisted shorts at night.  If you take one thing away from this post, it should be to invest in at least one kimono for your holiday!
Here are a couple from Boohoo that I really love:

Paige Aztec Print Satin Fringed Kimono   Anabel Monochrome Rose Print Tassel Kimono

2.) Lace Trimmed Shorts - At first I wasn't too keen on the 'Sports Luxe' trend, I thought it was just glorified gym wear that was irrelevant to fashion. However, I've watched a couple of You Tube look books recently and the shorts have made more and more appearances and I can safely say I'm loving them. You Tuber Zoella did a Spring Haul video here which featured two pairs of shorts that I absolutely loved. I think the light weight material will be perfect to take on holiday looking as equally good during the day and on a night, bonus! A pair of these shorts styled with a crop top in the same colour will make a great co ord outfit, style with some wedges and a statement necklace for a night out.
Here are a couple from Urban Outfitters I've found:

Cooperative Jacquard Lace Shorts in White   Pins & Needles Scalloped Lace Shorts in Black

3.) Flatform Sandals - These are at the very top of my list!! (other than sun cream of course!) Last year I took some wedges on holiday for on a night, but has there was a lot of walking involved I never got to wear them. My sandals were the go to shoe every night has they were comfy and this was key. However, because I lack in height I felt very conscious of my smallness and didn't feel confident. I am so happy this year that the 'Flatform' has come into fashion as a main footwear trend. These are so ideal and I want loads in different colours!
I've found a few on Ebay, head over there before buying from the high street has you can normally find the same product a lot cheaper:


4.) Round frame Sunglasses - I would definitely feel out of my comfort zone if I wore these at home, but having seen so many celebs wear them at Coachella Festival I have fallen in love with them! A holiday is the perfect time to try something new out that your unsure of wearing. Everyone's too busy having a good time to judge what new accessory your wearing!
ASOS have some really nice pairs:

ASOS Filigree Top Round Sunglasses   ASOS Exaggerated Metal Bridge Round Sunglasses

5.) Hat - Learning from my mistake of not having a hat last year and having a difficult typical Shannon situation by ending up with a burn't and peeling scalp, I am definitely grabbing one this year! I don't really know what style to buy, I'm torn between a straw/fedora style and a snapback style. I love the fedora style, but because I have a small head they can usually swamp me *cries*. There is one from River Island that I've seen and it had a relatively small rim, but it was £18 which I think is quite a lot for a hat that I'll wear for one week (or am I just being tight?! haha). 
Here's a snapback floral hat I've found from Miss Guided:

Romona Floral Print Cap

Here's the straw fedora from River Island (found on ASOS):

River Island Paper Fedora Hat


What do you think of my wishlist? What's on your wishlist for your holiday, or for Summer? Has anyone been to Tenerife before and got any favourite places to visit?? Let me know in the comments! 
Thanks for reading! :)

- SJA xo




2 comments:

  1. You should have got some of those sandals for One Direction so you can see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Gunna have to resort in taking a copy of Yellow Pages with me. Actually do you think thats allowed??

      Delete