- Use bronzer/blusher as eye shadow
- Try eye shadow as eye liner on the waterline - I love this hack!! Just be careful when applying the powder, the first couple of times I tried this it ended up in my eye which wasn't good. Just practice and you will soon get the hang of it.
- Use your lipstick as a cream blusher - Any pink/red tone lipstick will work, even the really dark plum colours! Lightly rub your ring finger on the lipstick to pick up some colour, then dab on the apples of your cheeks.
Ever bought a foundation when you had a tan, then once your bronzed skin faded, was left with a near enough full bottle? I have - and it's the worst. Mix a small amount of your moisturiser with some foundation on the back of your hand and apply as normal. This works great for me!
3) For dry skin use a damp sponge applicator to apply foundation
Only recently have I tried this and it works a dream. I use the Miracle Complexion Sponge by Real Techniques, which I received as a gift for my birthday. The damp sponge hydrates the face and creates a flawless look.
4) Outline lips with concealer
When wearing a dark or red lip, sharpen the look by using a small lip or angled brush to outline the lips. And behold, a nice neat lip full of colour!
5) Use talc/baby powder as dry shampoo
We all have them days when we wake up with 10 minutes to get ready and be out of the door, with no time to wash our hair! Talc is something which most households have hidden away in cupboard, and it is the perfect substitute for dry shampoo. I sprinkle some onto a hair brush and brush it through my hair. This is probably not as effective for darker hair.
6) Use hairspray to set make up
Hold the can a good distance away from face and do a quick spray, then walk into the spray mist. This is probably not the most ethical of hacks but it works a treat for a night out.
7) Don't have any nail varnish remover?
A way to freshen up any mani is to apply a glitter coat over the top of chipped polish. (TIP - Use a glitter polish that has fine or mixture of glitter bits as opposed to just large chunks, they will spread more evenly to cover any chips.)
Do you use any of these hacks? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading
- Shannon x